The Sheriff’s Office - Navigation Patrol consist of two (2) motorized patrol boats. The first being a 1991 - 17 foot “ Boston Whaler ” boat. The second being a 2008 - 20 foot “American” air boat. Both boats are utilized by the Patrol Division for routine Navigation Enforcement, water rescues, salvage operations, flooding and demonstrations at the annual Sheriff’s Summer Camp.
Sheriff’s Deputies conducted Navigation Patrol on the following bodies of water in the Chenango County:
• Balsam Pond and Jackson Pond in the Town of Pharsalia.
• Guilford Lake in the Town of Guilford.
• Long Pond and Round Pond in the Town of Smithville.
• Chenango Lake, Hunts Pond and “Meyers Park” in the Town of New Berlin.
• Bowman Lake in the Town of McDonough.
• The southern portion of the Chenango River in the Town of Greene.